This New Year’s Eve, I will be sitting on my own pot. Sitting, steaming, and setting! Setting my intentions for the New Year that is… I believe very much in the power of intention!
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
The womb is the seat of our creative and manifesting power as women. It is a mighty, mighty organ that we use in conjunction with The Most High to bring forth life and change into the world. You are very connected to your womb during steaming and that is a great time to harness your own internal power to change your beliefs and thoughts into actions for the New Year. Time to break up old thought patterns and beliefs that you hold about yourself that do not serve you as a human being and that hold you back!
When I decided I wanted to have another child, I felt in my spirit that it was going to be a boy before we knew. I was out shopping one day and I saw the cutest sweater and thought to myself; I would totally buy this if I had a baby boy. On impulse, I decided to buy it and then I kept it under my pillow. I always sleep with my arm under my pillow and could feel it every night and be reminded of my intention to bring another child into the world. I just knew that I was ready whenever The Most High was ready to gift me with another child… A few months later I became pregnant (after a steaming session with another practitioner where I set the intention to make my womb a welcoming space for new life) and that lead me down the road to the power of vaginal steaming!
So, this New Year’s Eve will find me on my own pot, releasing any negativity that might have built up in 2014, and welcoming 2015 with some intentions to make a change and a shift in how I approach money, my career, my family, and self-care (and not in that order)! I will focus on these shifts and the changes that I have to make in my life to make them happen in the next year.
So in Summary, the 5 steps to Womb Steaming and Intention Setting are:
1) Write down a list of 5-10 intentions for yourself and study them, say them out loud (words have power). Better to have a few powerful ones, than to overwhelm yourself with too many!
2) Schedule a steaming session or self-steam for a minimum of 30 mins. Use herbs, essential oils, or flower essences that help to bring about the change that you seek, for example you want to be more calm in the New Year and not fly off the handle? Steam some chamomile or St. John’s wort to encourage emotional stability. Tea Tree Oil to cleanse negativity, olive or oak Bach flower essences when you are over-worked, over-stressed, and prone to do too much!
3) During the session hold your womb (you might also want to hold gemstones over your womb) and focus and concentrate on the changes you want to make in the New Year. Important to this step is to focus on the things you need to do to get the end result you want. For example, you want to pay down your debt in the New Year, so you picture yourself paying bills with ease and paying more than the minimum balance, or you pick a specific card that you want to target and visualize the amount of debt that you owe on that card reducing, etc.
4) Before your steaming session is over, while sitting on the pot, speak your new intentions OUT LOUD! Declare them to the world.
5) Prominently display your intentions, and items that will remind you of your intentions (like the sweater I mentioned earlier) in places where you will see them daily (next to your bed, on your mirror, on your desk, etc.). Or create a vision board and place it in a prominent area in your home or work space!
WATCH RESULTS BEGIN TO HAPPEN!
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s aren’t the only time of the year, you can make a change in your life at any time, you can reset your intentions at any time. This time of the year tends to be a bit more reflective for people and it reminds others to be reflective..but this can be done at ANY TIME!
If you try this, let me know how it works for you! Leave a comment below!